Who watches the Watch Dogs?
Following the release of a user-created mod that significantly improved the visual quality of the PC version of Watch Dogs, Ubisoft has detailed the next official patch for its open-world hacking game.
The PC version of the Watch Dogs patch will launch "in the coming days," but it also addresses a broader range of problems, including addressing graphical bugs, improving stability, and increasing performance. Ubisoft is also improving graphics stability and fidelity.
Ubisoft has not yet commented on the previous user-created mod or the files that the creators unearthed within the game labeled "E3 2012 Bloom" and "E3 2012 Explosions," among others. But you can read the full list of improvements from the Ubisoft forums below:
MAJOR GAME FIXES
- Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
- Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
- Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
- Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
- Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu.
Sign up here with your email